It’s nice that you can take a break from everything that is a chore in life, and actually be benefiting your body and health at the same time. Most people are aware that a healthy sex life is good for you and your overall energy and vigour. We’re going to go over some of the ways a healthy sex life keeps you young.
Having a fulfilling sex life will help you stay young, live longer and happier. This doesn’t mean you need to make a schedule or take anything away from your spontaneous sex-life. It’s just that when you are doing all the work, keeping a routine for skincare, hair-care, maintaining a healthy diet and so on, it’s nice to have a bonus and know you’re doing something right already! Again, a natural part of life is here to help you with your anti-aging needs.
- Just like exercise slows down the aging process, having sex releases the human growth hormone, which helps keep the skin elastic, and therefore does not wrinkle as quickly.
- Remember when we talked about how endorphins, the body’s feel-good chemicals are released during exercise and physical activity? Well, same goes for sex. Our natural painkillers, which ease anxiety and help you sleep easier, are released during sexual activity.
- Sex goes on to boost blood circulation, which is of course, good for your heart and also provided that natural glow!
- Sex is heart-healthy! It helps to keep levels of hormones even; like estrogen and testosterone. Estrogen promotes younger-looking skin and healthier hair!
- Sexual activity also burns fat and releases chemicals that strengthen the immune system! More sex means less grogginess and less likeliness of becoming ill.
- Sex boosts blood flow to the vagina, and the elasticity of tissues. Some people may not know this, but having sex actually boosts your libido as well! Meaning if you’re not feeling it, actually doing it will make you want it more. Interesting.
- Sex lowers blood pressure! People who report regular sexual intercourse also report lower systolic blood pressure.
- You know how you fall asleep faster after sex? There is actually a reason: orgasm simulates the release of a hormone called prolactin, which is a natural sleep aid!
- Researchers have also found that sex switches the brain into analytical mode, and boosts brain-power and performance overall!
- Research shows that sexual intercourse can increase longevity!
- It lowers the risk of preeclampsia in pregnant women! Preeclampsia can cause swollen legs and arms, headaches, seizures and nausea. The good news is that frequent intercourse can prevent this. There is a protein called HLG-A that is found in semen that can help regulate a woman’s immune systems and decrease the possibility of complications!
- A plus for men as well (finally, a win for you guys!) intercourse also decreases risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Past studies have shown an improvement in memory in individuals between the ages of 50 and 90. Studies completed in 2016 and 2017 showed that people who had sex more often also performed better at tasks which centered around the part of the brain which deals with emotions.
Have You Noticed the Difference?
Many researchers claim that you can look up to 10 years younger with a healthy sexual lifestyle and many psychologists and even scientists back it up with facts and stats. But we want you to look for yourself, and tell us.
We are talking about all of the drudgery of life that gets shelved when you’re having healthy, good sex; that is really what’s helping you stay young. Like a natural anti-depressant or stress-reliever, good sex kind of saves the day (and the rest of your days, for later). If you’re someone who has gone through the dry-spell and also have had times of your life when the sex is more invigourating than others, you will likely have noticed the difference in yourself, for yourself. You will probably have noted the difference in your own energy levels and how you feel: this is the differentiating factor that we are talking about when we say that sex keeps you young, that we can actually feel right away!