Why is moisturizer important? In fact, moisturizing is part of a healthy skincare routine. The thing is there are just so many different types of moisturizers. People with normal skin need a light moisturizer that contains natural oils, while people with dry skin may require a heavier lotions that helps to lock in moisture. For people with oily skin, there are oil-free, noncomedogenic moisturizers. They don’t clog your pores! And people with sensitive skin are best suited for moisturizers that are fragrance-free and ones that contain few ingredients.
Now, there is good news in all of this, and that’s that more and more moisturizers are being made to support all skin types. If you are not sure what your skin type is, there are certain good ones that cover all the bases. Below are just 6 of the reasons that moisturizing does you good.
1. Moisturizing reduces the chances of skin problems.
Using the right kind of moisturizer for your skin can help maintain its balance. When the skin is too dry or too oily, common skin problems like acne begin to appear. When you use a moisturizer it can help to decrease problems such as these. Men and women alike can get a lot of benefits from using a facial moisturizer each day and moisturizing our face makes for softer, more elastic skin, and will keep your skin hydrated. A good moisture cream to prevent skin problems is Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Crème for it’s all-natural element.
2. Moisturizing reduces the appearance of imperfections and blemishes. When you moisturize your skin it gives off a natural-looking sheen. It can also even out blemishes you may already have. Acne and blemishes can get irritated when they are left to face the world without any protection, so moisturizer is able to offer that. Some moisturizers also have some tint or self-tanner that can work with any skin tone to help further cover up imperfections. A great moisturizer that helps to even the skin tone beneath while covering the blemishes above is the Hyaluronic Gel Moisturizer. It is weightless and gentle, so it is perfect for daily use. Since it is made with antioxidants, it fights free radical damage and also makes the skin look a lot brighter!
3. Moisturizing keeps skin young. Moisturizing not only makes the skin simply look younger, but it literally helps the aging process. A topic we have covered before, there are particular areas of your skin that are more sensitive than others. The skin on your face, ears, neck, and chest replaces itself more often than any other area on your body. This gradual loss of skin cells leaves these areas vulnerable to the environment around them. When you moisturize, you sensitive skin to repair itself and stay healthy. You can also use an effective moisturizing oil serum on your skin. Our favourite oil serum by far is the Barrier Lipid Complex by Marie Veronique, which contains ceramides and fatty acids that help maintain the appearance of youthful, plump, well-hydrated skin.
4. It also helps get rid of wrinkles. After you moisturize, your skin tends to feel firmer and more plump. As noted by the British Journal of Dermatology, people with well-moisturized skin accumulate wrinkles at only a fraction of the rate of those with dry skin. Using a good moisturizer can get rid of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and can diminish them over time. People that use moisturizer notice a more energetic look in their face. Our favourite anti-aging serum that also acts as a moisturizing product is the Hyaluron Serum. It’s highly concentrated and purely plant-based. It helps to support skin in retaining moisture and can aid in reducing fine lines on the skin.
5. Moisturizer is a layer of protection. Moisturizing the skin keeps it from being exposed to the harsh environmental stressors around it, whether that is the outdoors or the air in your home at night. Skin cancer is still prevalent, and moisturizer is a good way to add a layer of protection to your skin. When your skin begins to look dull, or when fine lines begin to develop, it is usually due to not enough hydration. Moisturizer gets rid of that dullness, and combats those environmental stressors at the same time.
A great cream to combat environmental stressors in the home and while you sleep is the Age-Proof Replenishing Night Cream. A blend of pomegranate, strawberry, blueberry and chia seed oils help to keep skin supple, healthy and radiant!
6. Moisturizing will makes skin clearer, fresher and healthier. Various moisturizers on the market are formulated to treat many different skin types, including normal, dry, oily and sensitive skin. Keeping your skin hydrated is crucial to keeping healthy. Facial moisturizers can enhance the functioning of the stratum corneum, the uppermost layer of skin. This upper layer is made up of fat, oil, and skin cells which keep moisture within the skin. This can prevent the skin from drying out and also causes it to look clearer overall. For clear, fresh and healthier skin in almost no-time, we absolutely love the Rose Treatment Essence by African Botanics. This moisturizing skin treatment is an amazing product made with cultured, all natural ingredients that nourish the skin deeply.
Moisturizing is an essential part of a proper daily skincare regimen, and these are some of our favourite moisturizing products above! All of them are all-natural and work well with all skin types. Make sure you are moisturizing at the end of your skincare routine each day, and if you don’t have a routine yet check out How to Create a Skincare Routine.